• Primary Chemical Composition – Neutralising Value 55.8% CaO, Calcium Oxide
• Ease of Use – This product is easy to use for novice to expert gardeners alike
• Benefits – Reduces soil acidity and encourages plant nutrient uptake
• Application Guidelines – Approximately 5 to 10 grams per sq. metre. 1 kg. treats over 14 sq. metres
• #1 Brand Guarantee – Gardeners Dream fertilisers are 100% quality assured
The use of Garden Lime as a common soil conditioner is used to bring more acidic soils into a more pH neutral range and more towards alkaline levels.
Although some plants like Camellias, Rhododendrons, Blueberries and Pine trees prefer acidic soils. Other common fruiting and flowering plants not only prefer more pH neutral soil, but require pH levels closer to 7.0 neutral or alkaline levels in order to absorb their necessary micro and macronutrients.
Although the ideal range of application is 5 to 10 grams per sq. metre, you may see benefits from a smaller amount applied per sq. metre.
Other benefits of soil conditioning with lime include improving the soil workability by helping to decrease large-sized pieces of clay, which also then helps to improve drainage.
Of course, one of the most important factors, which bears repeating, is that appropriate lime use improves nutrient access to your plants.
To be used only where there is a recognised need. Do not exceed the appropriate application rate.
1, 2.5, 5 and 10 kg. quantities come in easy-use plastic tubs and the 25 kg. size comes in a sturdy bag.
Please contact us for our Delivery & Returns Policy